One of the comments we hear frequently from prospective clients is...
“I’ve tried CBD and it doesn’t work for me.”
Which made us think “what CBD did you take?” This happened recently and we asked our friend to send us a picture of the bottle. Ahhhh, mystery solved. There actually wasn’t THAT much CBD in the bottle! The serving sizes were confusing and it also contained several other ingredients that made the oil less effective.
Sometimes it’s just CBD isolate which is chemically refined and no other cannabinoids. If your CBD is cheap it’s either isolate, has very little CBD, or it’s hemp seed oil - another common problem, especially on Amazon.
Labeling on bottles can be ambiguous either because of the sensitivity of credit card processors, retailers, and marketing or they are selling some sort of snake oil. We disclose how much CBD per bottle as a bold number (i.e. 600, 1200, 3000)
How to choose the right CBD Brand:
Here are a few guidelines to help you make your decision about which CBD brand is best for YOU:
Read the Label: Check the ingredients - Less is more - your CBD should contain no more than 3 ingredients; typically full spectrum hemp oil, MCT coconut oil, and an organic essential oil if your CBD is flavored. Products are evolving with other ingredients to add distinction so read the label.
- Extraction process: There are several processes out there. We use vapor or steam distillation processing which is similar to how they extract essential oils. Other safe alternatives are ethanol (grain alcohol) or CO2 extraction techniques. They are not certified organic which is why we choose vapor distillation.
- Check The Source: Our hemp is sourced from a certified USDA organic hemp farm in Fort Collins, CO. Look for the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) from a third party testing lab and always check ratings on a company. We rely on organic ratings through our social assets like Facebook, Google My Business, and Yelp. There are sites that are popping up that are marketing ploys for “vetted” companies. It’s pay to play.
Other key tips when choosing CBD Oil:
Choose full spectrum hemp oil rich in CBD -
- Studies have proven that there are more health benefits taking full spectrum over CBD isolate products. If you have no worries about drug testing for THC we always recommend our Premium Hemp extract - Complete Cannabinoid blend. In addition to all the other wonderful phytonutrients from the hemp plant there is .3% THC or less in hemp products.
- Start slow and be consistent
- Find out what amount of CBD works for you. Take stock of your symptoms and pain levels. After a week, see how you feel. Is it easier to get out of bed? Are you experiencing pain still when you work out or during physical activity? Are you sleeping better? Keep track of your progress and how much oil you are taking.
- Stick With It!
Often people stop taking CBD oil once they start feeling better. Once your body starts to get into balance, you'll want to keep it that way. Keep track of what amount works best for you and adjust as needed.
We would love to hear from you - reach out with any questions or feedback about CBD! Contact@phytorite.com
Subscribe at Phytorite.com for updates, information and online specials.
As always, please consult your physician if you are taking any type of prescribed medication.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.